Monitor and Track Changes to Critical Data
Proactively Monitor for Common Frauds
Unauthorized changes to master data should be investigated promptly as they could be a sign of fraudulent activity.
- Changes to the Address Book and/or Vendor Bank Account details could be symptomatic of “Dummy Company” fraud
- A large increase in a Vendor Credit Limit may indicate procurement fraud
- A high percentage rise in an employee’s salary may be suspicious and need investigating!
But native JD Edwards doesn’t alert you, so such activity can go undetected for a long time and result in huge losses.
Fraud Detector gives you powerful auditing tools which can alert you instantly to suspicious changes and make it easy for you to view and investigate them.
User-friendly Auditing with Alerts
Fraud Detector works in conjunction with the JD Edwards Data Change Tracker (21 CFR 11), which enables you to specify the data items you wish to monitor. Every time a tracked item is updated, the details are automatically logged in audit tables.
Fraud Detector collates these audit records into a central repository and provides an easy-to-use Audit Data Viewer to help you pinpoint and investigate changes.
For changes that need urgent attention, you can use Alert Manager to set up alerts to notify the relevant people immediately – even when they are away from the office, via email and mobile app.
- Greatly reduces the risk of fraudulent activity going undetected
- Instant notification of monitored changes, even when you're out and about
- You decide exactly what to track
- Detailed audit trail of who changed what and when, with 'before' and 'after' values
- Quickly and easily see all audited data in one place
- All changes are logged - even if made by programs external to JD Edwards
You can specify exactly which columns on which tables you want to audit, then every time those items are updated, the details are automatically logged.
Audit data logged includes who made the change (User ID), date and time, action type (add, change or delete), previous value and new value. This means that you can see if someone makes a change and then reverses it soon afterwards – which could be a sign of fraudulent activity.
Audit Data Viewer enables you to view all audit records in one place, with filters to help you pinpoint items of interest. You can filter and sort by User ID, Table, Date or Environment.
Sets of audit records that are created as a result of a single change / add / delete transaction are color-banded for easy viewing.
Alert Builder enables you to notify designated people immediately if changes are made to particular data items, or if specific types of change take place – for example if a Vendor’s Credit Limit has been raised by more than 30%.
Alerts can be given a severity level to indicate the urgency of action required.
Alert Manager enables designated users to view all their Alerts in one place and document any findings or actions taken or required.
Designated users can use our Mobile App to access and manage their Alerts in the Cloud from mobile devices.
By its very nature, creating an audit trail will always have some effect on performance. Fraud Detector runs as a subsystem and it has been designed to minimize system overheads.