Join us online at INFOCUS 20!
It’s all new, all digital this year for INFOCUS 20! Dive deep into JD Edwards learning, chat with the experts, connect with other users and meet the solutions providers. Join us online!
If you’re attending INFOCUS 20, visit us to find out how to:
- Cut JD Edwards security costs: Implement and manage efficient, scalable Roles-based security in a fraction of the time
- Cut audit and SOX compliance costs: Easy-to-use Segregation of Duties and security auditing delivers accurate results within hours.
We offer on-premise and Cloud-based Audit, Compliance and Security Tools and Services for JD Edwards.
Register for the conference here!
Live in-booth demo sessions
|Date & Time||Booth Session||Presented By|
|October 20 at 10:30am ET||How to conduct Access Reviews in JDE E1 with a fraction of the effort and cost||Tres Paul, Technical Director,|
|October 20 at 12:15pm ET||Automated, repeatable Segregation of Duties and audit reporting in JDE E1||Tres Paul, Technical Director,|
|October 20 at 3:15pm ET||Find weak spots in your JDE security within hours||Tres Paul, Technical Director,|
|October 21 at 10:30am ET||The quick way to implement compliant, Role-based Security in JDE E1||Preston Leftwich, Technical Manager,|
|October 21 at 12:45pm ET||How to conduct Access Reviews in JDE E1 with a fraction of the effort and cost||Tres Paul, Technical Director,|
|October 21 at 4:00pm ET||Automated, repeatable Segregation of Duties and audit reporting in JDE E1||Tres Paul, Technical Director,|
|October 22 at 10:30am ET||The quick way to implement compliant, Role-based Security in JDE E1||Preston Leftwich, Technical Manager,|
|October 22 at 1:15pm ET||Find weak spots in your JDE security within hours||Tres Paul, Technical Director,|
Audit and Security related Education Sessions:
104640: Efficient JD Edwards Security & Audit: Different Strokes for Different Folks
Tuesday, October 20, 16:00 – 17:00pm ET
Presented by Mike Ward, Q Software
We all know the frustrations of JDE security; it’s complex, longwinded & repetitive. But managed well, it can be good at stopping inappropriate access.
But “managed well” is problematic. How to achieve Best Practice? Make maintenance & troubleshooting easy? Satisfy the auditor?
Organizations have different security needs, so now we offer 2 approaches, both packed with productivity tools. Our new solution lets you manage security directly on the 950 much more efficiently. Or if you need advanced tools for ultra-efficient management & proactive SoD checks, we’ve also improved Security Manager Pro.
Join us as we share best practices & outline alternative solutions to implement them rapidly in the way that works best for you:
- Implement standard roles in a day
- Segregation of Duties: check for conflicts before you allocate security
- Problems that auditors look out for
- User stories: the main gotchas
- The Security Lifecyle
- Simplify 950 Maintenance: 2 routes to efficiency.
- How to build a Security Implementation Plan
- How to satisfy the Auditors
- How to create sustainable Internal Controls
- How to reduce security maintenance costs by up to 50%.
101170: Crossing Enemy Lines – An IT compliance team’s view on your company’s audit requirements
Wednesday, October 21, 1:45-2:45pm ET
Presented by John Souza, Switch, Ltd. & Carrie Curry, Q Software
The expectation to create controls that both meet the needs of the business and all the relevant compliance concerns is increasingly becoming more complicated. The business wants quick, easy and convenient while the auditors and compliance function want structure, paperwork and an audit trail.
During this session, we will walk through an internal auditor’s experience in how to structure and identify an access management program that meets both demands and how to avoid the most common pitfalls of audit/compliance issues. We will also cover how the business, IT security professionals and auditors can work together to get it right the first time or hit the reset button on an established access security program.
During this session we will cover specific topics such as user administration, security change management, audit and compliance reporting, along with fraud detection. We will discuss security team responsibilities (what you should expect) and why security tools are essential.
Objectives of the session:
- Practical approach to audit/compliance requirements in an information security program while maintaining business processes efficiencies
- Discuss the most common JD Edwards system-based internal controls, automated processes, documentation and monitoring for IT General Controls
- Share the planning that Switch used for the project, challenges faced, and obstacles overcome. We’ll finish up with successes and goals achieved by having the proper risk management system and controls in place.
101130: Carr Properties: Leveraging Technology to Achieve Scale and Efficiency
Wednesday, October 21, 3:00-4:00pm ET
Presented by Ilan Zachar, Carr Properties & Mike Ward, Q Software
Carr is a privately-held real estate company that owns and manages 16 high-quality commercial properties in the greater DC area totaling over 3.6 million square feet. JP Morgan is its largest investor. Ilan Zachar, IT Director, will share how Carr needed to make a meaningful investment of both time and money in JDE and auditing solutions to help them scale efficiently and effectively and achieve their strategic organizational objectives.
Objectives of the session:
- Show how process automation was used to increase efficiencies, enable greater data sharing, and obtain a single source of truth for critical business data
- Learn how Carr established JDE as the system of record, with easy to enforce SOD, change management processes, and audit trails
- Demonstrate how organizational growth objectives to quickly and efficiently scale the business were obtained by Carr’s investment in information systems.
102040: JD Edwards Security Audit in the Cloud – Be Prepared for the Auditors!
Wednesday, October 21, 5:30-6:00pm ET
Presented by Jennifer Leatherman, CTB, Inc. & Mike Ward, Q Software
CTB Inc., a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of agricultural systems and solutions, is now prepared for the dreaded IT Audit on JD Edwards security. IT security audits have always been dreaded, at best. We ask ourselves which SoD will be the target this time? Did we miss a level of risk even the auditors didn’t think of? Did we audit and review frequently enough? This presentation is a look at CTB’s journey to overcoming a lack of resources, a lack of knowledge related to true security risks and taking advantage of a Cloud-based solution that solved all of these problems. This presentation will share their accomplishments in a few short months and how CTB was able to reduce JDE security setup and maintenance time by implementing and monitoring the ‘rules’.
Objectives of the session:
- Identify the main obstacles to a successful JDE security audit at CTB and the areas that continued to remain a problem in each audit
- Share the baseline analysis at implementation of Q Software’s QCloud solution that identified more risk than CTB realized existed. Share how CTB used the tool to improve security setup and reduce risk
- Share CTB’s new policy for auditing, reviewing and approving JD Edwards security setup in a timely manner.
Have a great conference! We hope to see you there.